Passion – find your thing
While becoming more conscious about my own consumption I’ve found that there are so many different way you could consume consciously. There are so many things to be passionate about. Everything you have an interest in, probably already has more conscious alternatives. It doesn’t matter whether fashion is your thing, food or fitness. Once you start reading up about new alternatives, you’ll be amazed to find that there already a community of people finding solutions, making it easier to live your passion while consuming consciously.
Here are a few resources I’d like to share. It’s a mix of different things that have helped me realize that everyone has at least one area of interest that relates to conscious consumption. I hope these will help you say ‘Yes, I’m going to consume consciously’ and hopefully they’ll lead you to the tools to do so. There are so many areas where you could make a change, just pick that peaks your interest and read on…
- Fashion – Documentary: The true cost
- The environment/ Climate change – Documentary: Before the flood. Documentary/ book: This changes everything.
- Wellbeing/ Happiness – Documentary: Minimalism, a documentary
- Cosmetics – Website: EWG http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/why-skin-deep/
- Zero waste – Website: Zero Waste Home http://www.zerowastehome.com/. Ted talk: Lauren Singer https://www.tedxteen.com/talks/why-i-live-a-zero-waste-life-lauren-singer
I’d love to add more topics and resources to the list, so if you have any, feel free to get in touch.